Monday, March 28, 2011

Deep down

Things are pretty hectic right now I have to say. But amazingly enough I have the entire morning off today. Weird! I didn't know what to do with myself.

I got just about everything crossed off my to-do list already which is thrilling. Yes, I know, my life is a party. =D

But while I was doing my laundry, working out and making my lunch my mind kept wandering back to one thing in particular. The army. "Why?" You might ask, well I'll tell you why.

Because I'm joining the army. Yes, yes I am.

I find it exciting, not everyone else does though. But before I even made the decision I thought about it a lot. And I mean a lot. I weighed the pros and cons and in my opinion the pros far outweigh the cons. I mean sure I could get shot or something but in my mind I can only think that if I did get hurt it would be while I was doing something good for my country. And I believe very much that getting a chance to do something like that for my country is a great thing. No one wants to get shot, but hey, it's a chance I'm willing to take.

I still have tons of stuff to find out about the army and whatnot yet, but I'm working on it. I know that they offer great careers and that they'll pay for my university. How cool is that? I also know that I will have to go overseas a few times at least. And surprisingly, that doesn't scare me at all. Not even a little bit.

There are plenty of things I don't understand yet, despite my research, things like rankings and such. 'Cause I know I'd like to go through officer training. I wouldn't mind retiring with a pretty good rank. That would be nice. =)

I know that a lot of friends and family don't really get why I want this so bad, but it's really hard to explain how I really feel about it. To me it feels... Right. That's the only way to put it in words and yet it's so much more complicated than that.

I don't want people to worry about me when I do join, I really want everyone to understand why I'm going to do this and when the time comes I'd love to have everyone I love supporting me. Even if they don't really love my choice. But it's incredibly important to me that I have support from everyone I care about.

And I know I'll do well. I have no idea how I know, but I do.

I'm also not totally sure if this is what God really wants for me, I don't know if I've asked Him about it yet. But something deep down tells me that this is the right choice for me.

And that's pretty much everything I have to say for now. But I'll probably write more about this particular topic again, probably quite a bit in the near future.

Love you guys! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment