Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Rainbows & Butterflies

My imaginary friend came to see me today.

It's been a while since I've seen him around. But I was glad that he stopped by. We sat in the sun on the patio, sipping lemonade and talking about anything we could think of. A little blue butterfly joined us. It landed on the patio at our feet and I could have sworn it looked right at me and winked.

---

It rained yesterday.

The fields are flooded and the farmers are worried. But stretching from one end of the sky to the other was a flood of colours. I wanted to go looking for the pot of gold they say is at the end but my car didn't have enough gas.

---

Sadly that stuff didn't actually happen.

But that's okay because my butterflies and rainbows are still around. I see them every day now. Just little things here and there that make me smile. The sun peeking through the clouds on a miserable day or the shimmer of the lake in the early morning.

Things are really turning around.

College is set. I start in September. I'm nervous and excited.

Life is fabulous.

I am going to start applying for work in the city soon. Oh dear. It's a daunting task.

Little things make me smile.

I have to meet with an army recruiter. So many questions to ask.

It's all going to be okay though.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful post Amie, your writing flowed with assurance and hope. All the best for you in the fall. You guys looked amazing yesterday, so beautiful and happy and supportive of each other.

    ReplyDelete