Monday, October 3, 2011

6 Weeks

Alright, so here's the deal:
I am trying to get back into my old fitness routine and I kind of sort of need your help. I find that even though I really want to get back into working out and getting back into shape I am unmotivated. Here's where you come in. You don't need to comment on this or even read it, so don't worry. But putting it out there (so to speak) I have to hold myself accountable.

And here's the part where the title of this blog becomes relevant:
I'm giving myself 6 weeks to lose a certain amount of body fat.. Also weight. Although muscle weighs more than fat so... You get the point. I don't want to go crazy or anything and say that by the end of this six weeks I want to lose 40 pounds. That's unrealistic. Not to mention that for my height that would make me look, well, gaunt. So I think that during this six weeks I will aim to lose approximately 15-20 pounds. That would mean I would have to lose approximately 3.333 lbs per week. Reasonable?

So at the end of every week.. Or beginning of every week.. I will post an update on my progress. You can bet that there will be plenty of complaining about sore muscles (sorry in advance!). And at the end of it depending on whether or not I feel at all comfortable with it I may post a before and after picture. The chances of that are slim. Just saying.
Also, every week when I post my update on my progress I will tell you which exercises I did and provide a link or two so you can get an idea of what the heck I'm doing.

So now that it's written down I will hit 'publish' and in a rather non-definitive way it's set in stone. Now I have to do this crazy idea instead of just thinking about doing it. Oh boy.

Wish me luck!

1 comment:

  1. any exercise is good exercise, I keep thinking about doing something, but then I get home and just want to sit and read, I imagine myself jogging or using the elliptical trainer in the corner of our basement, and then I find myself sitting here for hours, good luck I will be following your progress and cheering you on all the way!

    ReplyDelete