Friday, July 24, 2009

Bones

I'm referring to the television show titled Bones (just for clarification). I'm a huge fan of the show and pretty much everyone in it. Although, agent Booth and Bones are my absolute favorite characters. So much tension between the two and yet they still make an amazing team.

Tonight, however I watched an episode that really bothered me. It involved dog fighting. A "sport" (if that's what it is) that some people actually find entertaining. Not only to watch but to participate in. I honestly can't understand how people could be so cruel to their dogs. Commanding them to fight, and not just to win but to kill the other dog. It's horrible and it's extremely disturbing. The episode was a good one nonetheless for the simple fact that not only did they catch the murderer but they rescued many dogs involved in the ring. And for that I was happy. Also, in the episode, the murderer chose his own dog to be the murder weapon.

A dog is not a weapon. At least I don't believe them to be. No matter how misbehaved a dog may be they always see the good in a person. They don't jump to conclusions about someone, they don't blame someone for something they may or may not have done. Instead they do their absolute best to make their family/owner happy. Sure there are some dogs that need a little help here and there to understand that the leader of the "pack" is in fact their owner or family and not themselves. But in any case the dog loves unconditionally. Completely and totally without reservations. Personally I believe humans can learn a lot from dogs.

Now, back to the dog fighting and my issues with it. Dog fighting is a brutal "sport" and it's looked upon with distaste by so many. And yet it still continues. I'm not some sort of vigilante who will run off and try to expose these rings but I really hope that someday I can help in some way. You see, these dogs, though they 'belong' to someone, their love is not entirely reciprocated. Not the way it should be. These dogs are nothing more than a tool. A tool that will hopefully earn a few dollars for the owner.
These dogs are sent out to fight to the death, and afterward the winning dogs are stitched up and bandaged before being released back into the ring to continue fighting. Now that isn't right is it?

I will not post a picture of a fight. I find them disgusting and offensive.

I personally don't care if you don't share my opinions, after all, they are my opinions. I don't mean to sound rude, and I apologize if I do, but I felt the need to express my opinions on the matter.

Someday I want to help the dogs that are involved in these rings, I want to be able to help rehabilitate them if at all possible. Someday, maybe I'll be able to open a dog rescue center. I don't mean to sound like a child but I sure as heck hope that that someday comes real soon.

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment