Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Wedding Dreams

Lately I've been getting this insane urge to meet the man of my dreams, get married and have a family. Is that so wrong? I sure as heck hope not. The only problem that I'm having is figuring out how I'll know he's 'the One' when I meet him.
I mean, how do I know if I've already met him or not? And how on earth do I know if he's the man for me? Good grief! I'm not quite 20 and here I am, getting all impatient to get hitched. My sisters and I have always joked about how I would be the last to get married .. And I'm kind of wondering if I will be.

Whenever I do imagine this wonderful man I imagine the wedding .. And it's always so beautiful! Outdoors in the middle of spring when everything's blooming. A pretty white gazebo all decorated just so. And then me walking down the aisle towards him with my daddy by my side to give me away. My mum has tears in her eyes and my sisters are there standing by the altar with big smiles on their faces. But when I look at him .. He has no face. Scary!
I suppose I really shouldn't be too worried, I mean, when it happens it happens. Isn't that how it goes?

It would be kind of hilarious if we met like they often do in movies. That whole "eyes meeting across the room" stuff. *sigh* Kind of romantic isn't it. Weird, because I'm not really the romantic sort. Sure, I like the occasional 'wooing' I suppose, but my idea of a great date is to go to a hockey game or the zoo or something. Something fun!
This post really doesn't seem to be going anywhere does it? Oh well. Hang in there please.

So, what I want to know is this: If I dream about getting married, actually dream about it, and see each detail so clearly ... What does it mean?
I'm curious I have to admit. Does this sort of dream have some sort of meaning? Or is it just one of those inexplicable dreams? Does inexplicable even fit there?
So what I'm asking is that if you know anything about dreams then please comment and let me know what you think my 'wedding dreams' mean. Thanks!

Thanks for reading!

2 comments:

  1. hey aimee!
    although I am certainly not an expert on dreams, the first thing I thought was that you are just a 100% normal girl!! I think every girl dreams about their 'big day' whether it's sleeping dreams or day dreams, I think we all do it! It's hard not to with so many weddings going on around us all the time!
    As long as you're content with where you're at, you'll be just fine. I know, I know, certainly easier said than done... I need to heed my own advice! Even though we might not understand it, and desire something different for our lives, God knows best and He has you where you're at for a reason! Your turn will come eventually!
    Hope that was encouraging for you... although I know it probably wasn't!
    You are one amazing girl and whoever the lucky guy is that sweeps you off your feet couldn't be more blessed to have you in his life!
    Love you!!

    ReplyDelete